Perform the following steps once you have installed Django-cms on your server.
1) Install a cms_theme module in document folder of django
pip install django-cms-themes
2) Specify the plugins in your project's settings file inside INSTALLED_APPS
3) Migrate the settings through manage.py
python manage.py migrate
4) start the django server
python manage.py runserver
5) Now go to admin console of django-cms and select "CMS_Themes" (username:admin, password:admin)option and upload the theme.
NOTE: Free open source themes can be downloaded through Django themes download and they need to be saved in local PC so that we can upload it.
6) We can now change the installed template of cms pages.