How do I view my disk space usage statistics?
You can modify the amount of disk space allocated to any of the available FTP accounts. Follow the instructions below.
NOTE: Your overall FTP disk quota is limited by the total disk space available for your hosting account. For example: If you have 5000 MB of disk space in your hosting account and set a FTP account's disk quota to 9999 MB, the quota will still be 5000 MB.
- Go to the "FTP Accounts" page in your cPanel control panel.
- When the page loads, you will see an "Accounts Management" table
consisting of the following information split into six columns:
- User - This entry shows the login/username for the associated FTP account.
- Type - This entry shows various icons depending on the type of FTP account. View the "Legend" table for further information.
- Directory - This entry shows the location of the FTP account (the FTP user is restricted to the directory defined in this entry).
- Disk Usage - This entry shows the amount of disk space used by the associated FTP account.
- Quota - This entry shows the amount of disk space allocated to the associated FTP account.
- Functions - This entry provides the following
- Delete - Click on the Delete icon to delete the FTP account from the system.
- Edit Quota - Click on the Edit Quota icon to change or modify the amount of disk space allocated to the associated FTP account.
- Change Password - Click on the Change Password icon to change or modify the password of the associated FTP account.
- Find the FTP account you want to modify in the "User" column.
- Click on the Edit Quota icon in the "Functions" column for the associated FTP account.
- Enter or change the current quota in the New Quota text box. Remember, the value you enter is in megabytes only.
- Click on the Change button.
- You will see the following statement:
- "The ftp account LOGIN was successfully modified with a new quota of NEW_AMOUNT Megabytes."